Today I want to continue with some online gaming vocabulary, I covered some of the terms on last post but there are still so many more to go over. However, remember that this is not a dictionary but a way to refresh your memory on words that are vital to any online gambler. The main focus of the vocabulary today will be Blackjack, but I will also add some other basic terms. That being said, I shall proceed to give you definitions:
- Bust: In Blackjack, to go over 21.
- Carousel: a group of slot machines that are setup in a circle in order to enable a change person to stand in the middle.
- Cold: a slot machine that is not paying out or a player on a losing streak.
- Dime Bet: a $1000 wager.
- First Base: In a Blackjack table, the position on the far left of the dealer.
- High Roller: a player who wages large amounts of money.
- Jackpot: A big win on a slot machine.
- Limit: any game with a limit has a fixed amount as to how much can be wagered and/or raised.
- Load Up: to play the maximum number of coins allowed in a slot machine.
- Natural: In Blackjack, a two-card hand of 21 points.
- Odds: Probabilities.
- Payoff: payback, money you receive as winnings.
- Payout Percentage: the percentage of each dollar wagered that a player will get back. To calculate this casinos use 100% minus the house edge percentage.
- Progressive: a slot machine with a jackpot that increases with every extra coin that is wagered.
- Shoe: a box in which multiple decks of cards are kept for dealing. Sometimes they shuffle the cards automatically.
- Stand: In Blackjack, to restrain from taking another card.
- Surrender: In Blackjack, to give up half of your bet to avoid playing a hand.
I hope you found those terms useful and please keep posting the topics you would like to have covered on The Online Gambler’s Guide.