Apparently there are people who go to Las Vegas and never drop a single cent in a casino. To me, that’s kinda like avoiding potatoes on your trip to Idaho, or being the designated driver for Oktoberfest. But for those who need an hour or two away from the tables, here are 10 things to do:
- Shoot an AK47 at the Gun Store (eye/ear protection and emergency first aid included in every rental)
- Go check out the Fremont Street Experience. I’m not sure what you’re supposed to do there exactly, but I’m told there’s a lot of lights and maybe a mime.
- Go up to the top of the Stratosphere and hop aboard the world’s highest thrill ride – The Big Shot. Bonus points if you don’t soil your diapers.
- Go see some dumb magic show or whatever.
- Eat your own body weight in food at a buffet. Note: Buffets for under $10 are a thing of the past. If you do happen to find one, give the crab-salad a wide berth.
- Befriend a showgirl, then ask her if she ever threw another showgirl down the stairs in order to become the star of the show.
- Win a huge jackpot, book the luxury suite at the Palms then shoot some hoops on the in-suite basketball court, complete with pro locker-rooms and a scoreboard.
- Go the Golden Gate Hotel & Casino for a taste of old-time Vegas, and their famous 99 cent shrimp cocktail.
- Find me playing Pai Gow Poker at T.I. and buy me a couple drinks. And not the crappy watered-down free casino drinks either; make it a double Grey Goose and Redbull.
- Blow off Las Vegas entirely, and get your game on right here. Check out all our Casino Games.
This post has been so popular that we decided to update it with some other great things to do in Vegas:
There are a few other things to do in Vegas so the list is not exactly a Top Ten List anymore, but what the heck. Here are a few of my choice picks for other stuff to do in Vegas besides gambling:
- The Pool at the Mirage: when you first walk in the thing looks like a real rainforest, but that’s nothing. Wait until you walk through that and get to the actual pool. It’s an amazing way to cool off in the desert heat of Las Vegas.
- Gaming Class at the Las Vegas Hilton: now here’s a good idea. Instead of running to the tables and blowing your money let these guys give you a few pointers on your favorite games and the best strategy to win a few bucks. A good way to spend some time on something useful.
- Stratosphere Tower: this bad boy is the tallest free standing observation tower in the USA. Check it out, the view of Vegas is unbelievable!
- The Vegas Strip: you all knew that was coming but just walking up and down is a site seeing tour in itself. Not only do you see the characters that visit Vegas but you can good lay of the land have a quick view of the casinos you might want to hit later in your trip.
- Dinner at Emeril’s: Vegas is known more for it’s crazy buffets. $20 all you can eat but not anymore, the flamboyant king of television cuisine has brought his stuff to Vegas. Definitely worth a visit – the food was great. I’m just waiting for Gordon Ramsay to open up a Hell’s Kitchen down there. Can’t Wait.
This post has been so popular that we are going to keep updating it. Do you have any tips for us on things to do in Vegas? Any experiences that you’ve had that maybe we are missing?
Well drop us a comment and let us know! You might even get a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Certificate if we put your comment into one of our articles.
Thanks and see you at the gaming tables!