We have a new and improved version of this article called Top Ten Casino Game Probabilities. Check it out!
People generally play casino games for two reasons: to have fun, and to win money. In my many years of gambling both in casinos and online, I have been able to do a great deal of both. What’s my secret? I play smart. And I’m drinking most of the time.
While your beverage choices are your own business, I can help you learn to play smart. The first rule to playing smart at any casino game is to know what you’re up against. Following is a top 10 list of casino games you can play online in order of the house odds (smaller house odds means a better chance of you winning!). With this list in hand, you’re well on your way to being a casino game aficionado.
9) Let Em Ride is an easy to learn table game played with cards. This common game found in many casinos (and online) has a house edge of 3.5%.
8) Tri Card Poker (aka Three Card Poker) is another simple casino card game. If you are dealt a higher 3 card poker hand than the dealer, you win! This game has a similar house edge to Let It Ride, coming in at 3.4%.
7) European Roulette has better odds than American Roulette because it has one fewer 0 square to bet on, increasing the overall odds. Check out the blog post about the differences between the two types of Roulette for more info. The one fewer green square drops the house odds on this game to 2.7%.
6) Pai Gow Poker is a fun table game that involves a touch of strategy to win effectively (check out the pai gow poker guide at Silver Oak for winning strategies). If played well, the house odds are only 2.5%.
5) and 4) Baccarat takes up two spots on this list because there are two different ways to play this game that offer different odds. Play as the “Player” and the house odds are 1.63%. However, if you play as the “Banker”, the house odds are decreased even further to 1.17%.
3) Blackjack is always a favorite of expert and beginner gamblers alike. Not only is it extremely easy to learn, but it has some of the best odds of any casino game out there with a house advantage of only 0.8%.
2) Craps is my personal favorite casino game because it is a ton of fun when you get on a hot streak (which happens a lot in the game) and it has fantastic odds. Over the years, I’ve made more money than I’ve lost playing this game, which definitely adds to my love of craps. The house odds when playing craps are very low at 0.8%.
1) 5 Times Odds Craps is a version of craps that lets you place extra wagers on top of the normal bets available in the game. All of these wagers pay out at their true odds, meaning the house has zero advantage on any of these bets. Generally, casinos will offer 2 times craps or 3 times craps, but Silver Oak Casino offers 5 times odds craps! If you play craps at Silver Oak Casino, the house odds drop to a mere 0.2%.
Now that you have the insider scoop on all of the best online casino game odds, you can download the games and try them out. It’s always free to try.