There are some casino games that are known for having very bad odds for the players, therefore indicating that the chances of making money at them are very low. In this article we will try to point out 5 of them so that you will remember to stay away from those casino games next time you are in a casino.
- Progressive Jackpots. Slot machines with big progressive jackpots attract a lot of players because they believe that there is high chance of making hundreds of thousands of dollars in one spin. However, in reality, the payout percentages for progressive jackpots slots when you exclude the jackpot rake are even lower than the non-jackpot equivalents.
- Side Bets in Blackjack. Blackjack can be a casino game with a really low house edge (0.5%) if you play it correctly and follow the basic strategy. However, when a casino offers side bets you should stay away from them as they have a ridiculously high house edge and will turn your winnings into pennies in one second.
- Scratch Cards. Scratch cards offer a lot of entertainment as a casino game, but their odds are horrible. They function in a very similar manner to progressive jackpots so in one big hit you could make a lot of money but, on an average day you will probably lose more than you win. You would be surprised by how fast money goes when playing scratch cards so it is up to you to decide if you can afford to lose that much.
- American Roulette. The reason why online casino games players should stay away from American Roulette is because they have two zeros, which decreases your odds of hitting a particular number. Instead, you should go for European Roulette which only has one zero and increases your chances of hitting a number at the same time as it halves the house edge when betting on a color or determined outcome.
- Keno. Keno is probably the casino game with the worst odds for players. You do not need to have a lot of knowledge in statistics to see why a game with 25-35% house edge could be bad for your wallet. This means that for every $1 that you bet the casino will take $0.25. A lot of people say that playing keno is just throwing your money away, however, let’s face it, keno is a lot of fun!